One of the hardest things was learning that I was worth recovery. Now I have a much clearer sense of myself and what I can and can’t do. For me, I just happened to be in a situation the very last time and I said, You know what? Alcohol is a very dangerous substance to stop where an alcohol dependence has formed. Attempting to stop an alcohol dependence yourself without professional medical help, can result in life threatening alcohol withdrawal symptoms. As Russel Brand quite aptly puts it, structured support is required for a person suffering from addiction to get well.
- We have compiled a list of 10 motivational quotes for staying sober that are geared toward getting you through even the toughest times.
- It is not the only free resource you can use to find the help you need.
- Think of the last three steps and the work we need to do to stay sober.
- “Do you feel like you’re way closer or a lot closer to like, you know, knowing who you are, what makes you happy, what fulfills you, all that stuff.
It can be easy to feel helpless in the face of addiction; the disease has a way of taking over your life and crowding out everything that doesn’t support drug or alcohol use. It is also a disease that requires professional help to overcome. This is not because you are weak; on the contrary, getting help requires great strength. If you aren’t sure whether you’re strong enough to choose recovery, rest assured, you have the power.
‘My mom said, ‘there’s nothing wrong with you, you’re an alcoholic.”
If any of these quotes strike a chord with you—use them. Write them out to post on your wall, make then the wallpaper on your phone or computer, have them printed onto a t-shirt, or recite them to yourself whenever you need a boost. As many in the phase of healing know, hope is one sobriety sayings of the most powerful things to hold on to. These sobriety quotes offer us reasoning to persist in fighting addiction. With hope, we evolve more strongly, and by communicating that resilience through sobriety quotes, we inspire others to see a more optimistic future alongside us.
Longer stays in treatment frequently result in better outcomes, however success can vary from person to person. Detox alone is rarely https://ecosoberhouse.com/ beneficial for long-term recovery. Attending treatment increases a person’s chances of long-term recovery compared to not attending.
Taking It One Day at a Time
Trying to be sober is so hard that it literally makes one physically ill. My heart and prayers to everyone fighting addiction. I know it is hard but it can be done, you can beat addiction. We’ll explore the concept of emotional sobriety, the different stages of recovery, quitting alcohol, and the timeline of benefits that come with continued sobriety. Our goal is to better understand people’s struggles and the rewards they can achieve through sustained effort and commitment to recovery.
- This decision often arrives because of an addiction negatively affecting their lives.
- Taking steps to change your relationship with alcohol is something to be incredibly proud of.
- As such, all content on our blog has been thoroughly reviewed by a doctorate level clinician such as a Medical Doctor, or Psy.D, so that you can trust all of the data we publish.
- These encouraging sobriety quotes from famous sober celebrities may serve as inspiration during your own struggles.